Wednesday, March 17, 2010

From Joel McWaters

Romans 11
How often times do you look at the modern world and think "Am I really in that much of a minority? Are there so few?" I get very frustrated sometimes at the individuals in our country that want freedom in all aspects of life, for all people... except when it comes to me having my faith. It's not enough for them to not believe, but they also want to make it wrong for me to believe what I believe. And yet, it isn't as bad as what Elijah had to endure. How much has changed in the 2500+ years since Elijah? How often to we hear of someone "worshipping in their own way?" I think of Esther. She was the queen chosen by the king, to the kings pleasure, and yet she took her life into her hands approaching the King when he had not asked for her.

2 comments:

  1. what do you mean? are you talking about groups that protest things like taking "in god we trust" out of use, or changing "Merry christmas" to "happy holidays?" ... sorry if those are cheesy examples haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a few hours with a non-christian friend last week, and I was reminded about the mindset of folks that don't have a Christ-centered life. The language he used as well as the things he felt free to discuss were a bit much. I lead a bible class at work, so even those that don't attend the class, know what I am about, and hold their tongue. But not everyone is like that, and I got a reminder.

    I also think it applies to the "In God we trust" removers. Even if they got what they wanted I doubt it'd end.

    ReplyDelete