Wednesday, January 27, 2010

From Teri Rowe

I was able to listen to a recording of Sunday's class. I am pondering question 5 because it wasn't addressed in class.
Q 5: Is justification by faith unconditional? If not, what does it mean to be justified "freely?"

No, I don't believe justification by faith is unconditional. Vs 31 (NIV) says, "Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather we uphold the law." So the condition is we are still accountable to uphold the law. You cannot have one (faith) without the other (the law).
Being justified "freely" to me means that we did not have to physically do anything to be justified, or declared innocent, by God. It was given to us freely by God. We don't have to sacrifice something, or ourselves, or our children, in order to be justified. That was already done for us through Christ. Also, we have free will to accept the gift given to us, it's not forced upon us. It's ours to take or not. Now that I'm thinking about all of this I think this was discussed by Mark and maybe it wasn't obvious that it was question 5. :) Such an awesome class!

No comments:

Post a Comment