Wednesday, February 3, 2010

From Amy Quinliven

Tonight while reading I could not stop reading over 6:15. Particularly "...much more did the grace of God AND the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many."

WOW! It poured grace out even more to realize that the trinity is being presented here (at least that's what I got from it). Not only by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ...but also by the grace of God (who of course is also Jesus Christ; however, there are two here based on the "and").

Mark, can you correct me or add to this if I'm not right in saying this? I also have a question regarding a Christian who falls. Does grace still abound should a Christian who falls into great sin repent again? I think that's what discourages Christians while reading Romans because they feel as though they're not given this grace. At least that's what I've come across with discussions. Maybe you can help me out with this one.

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to comment on my comment :) I was so blown away by 6:15 because whenever I think of salvation I immediately think of Jesus and the cross. However, this verse added to my perspective of salvation. It made me realize that it's even more powerful than that.

    We have a Father, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus the Son of God who gave his life. This verse paints a picture of the Father and Son working hand in hand both wanting to restore us with grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I'm not sure the Holy Spirit is individually presented in this passage (I think you mean 5:15, not 6:15), but you are certainly correct about the Father and Son working together to restore us to grace. It is so powerful to know that the Godhead planned and performed together everything for our good so that we could be justified and returned to our Maker. On your second question, grace still abounds to the Christian who falls into great sin and repents again. Grace is amazing in every way. No one should be discouraged about the grace of God. God eternally loved His children, the Israelites, who sinned greatly again and again. He reproved them and disciplined them, and was always ready to bring them back into His grace when they returned to Him. That is what He always wanted from them -- to return to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, yes I did mean 5:15. Thank you so much for catching that! I was definitely only talking about the Father and Son working hand in hand to restore us to grace in this verse.

    I love that we're going through the book of Romans chapter by chapter because to me the word is being magnified. I know that verse 5:15 is a basic concept of the Father and Son; however, it came to life as I was reading it and it was so amazing! There's truly so much power in the word. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so right. i'm afraid so many people lose the power of God in their lives because they do not enjoy the beauty of His Word. it is so powerful!

    ReplyDelete